What helps the pain?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum What helps the pain?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eml13257
    Participant

I’m having my first outbreak and I’m in excruciating pain. Does anyone know what relieves this? It hurts so bad to do anything at all and with tomorrow being Christmas Eve I have to spend time with my family and pretend like everything is okay. They can never know. I’m so scared and so ashamed and I have no idea how to make this better. If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. I’m so scared 🙁

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

I am so sorry to hear about how much pain you are in and in most cases, the first outbreak is the worst. It can take some time for your body to build up antibodies, but once it does, future outbreaks are usually less severe.

If it hurts to urinate, you can do so in the bath tub in a small amount of cold water. I know that might sound gross, but believe me, it really helps. You can also use ice on the area to decrease the pain and increase the healing rate. Be sure to pat the area dry when you are done with the ice and do not wear thongs during your outbreak as they can be irritating.

Once the area is dry, you can use baking soda on external open sores. This can help with some of the pain and itching.

And finally, some ibuprofen to help with the inflammation and pain can be helpful.

There are several other recommendations to help with the pain and to increase your healing rate that can be found in my online course. You can check out the Foundation Course at https://pinktent.com/funnel/foundations-book.php This course contains everything you would ever need to know from managing your symptoms to overcoming the emotional pain and devastation to learning how to live and love again.

Wishing you the very best this holiday season. I know it is a challenging time, but we women here at Pink Tent are here for you. Your secrets are safe with us.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Lauren.xx

I know it’s a bit late out but just for future references I use thrush cream on a painful outbreak and it works a treat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.