Well then

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Well then

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bri
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am very new to all of this. Just got confirmation of a positive genital herpes on Monday.
    I’m guessing I had it for a while, my ex was not faithful at all so if I had to guess that’s where it came from. But I don’t know for sure.
    I told my current boyfriend as soon as I found out. And it was perfect. He was soo understanding and loving. I was impressed. After I told him he said ” I love you, and this is just a little bump we have to deal with. It’s not cancer it won’t kill you. This is a risk we all take when we have sex”. My mind was blown. He said it doesn’t change anything about our relationship at all. He offered to learn about it with me and do whatever he can.
    I can’t say I’m please I have this diagnosis but it could be worse. I already have celiac disease so my immune system is compromised already. Just another life long thing I’ll learn to deal with.
    I am feeling some emotions. I wake up in the morning panicked I’m going to have a sore. I don’t know what to expect when I’m getting one? Do they just show up? Will I have warning? Any ideas? Any tips on what to do when I have one?
    I order live love and thrive should be here by Friday so I am going to dive into it.
    And I’m going to journal when I start to feel the feelings about it all. I did that when I first got diagnosed with celiac because I didn’t want to tell a soul. I think I’ll tell my mom though. She is so understanding and it would be nice to have a little more support.
    I hope I can be active in this community I was so happy to find this because everything I had read basically said your life now sucks. So this website was amazing to find.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Hi Bri,
    I’m not one who typically has outbreaks, but I have started to figure out that I start to come down with a cold. Stuffy nose, swollen glands, and then I’ll get 1 spot down low. I use vaseline, and that has worked well. One time my groin area was kind of swollen, as well.
    Hope this helps some!

Shasta
    Participant

Hey Bri! Your story is pretty similar to mine- I too have a wonderful, caring, supportive partner in this. My husband blew my mind too when I told him- so understanding and amazing. 🙂

I am finding that I personally tend to get REALLY tired and then have some mild to bad flu symptoms to accompany an outbreak for me. I have, however, had outbreaks without those symptoms. Everyone is wonderfully unique in how their body reacts (smile), so you will learn by trial and error what may trigger you or be a sign that something is about to happen.

The book Live, Love, Thrive is amazing and will really help you figure all of this out. Plus there seems to be a really good community developing on here as well. 🙂 Keep us updated as you discover your journey with this!

Cypress
    Participant

Hi Bri!

Like you, I was recently diagnosed, so this is all new to me as well. I contracted it from my partner who didn’t know he had it, but he has been wonderful, and we’re working through things together……. As far as breakouts, I had my first this week (thats how I got diagnosed) and it was incredibly uncomfortable, but my doctor put me on a 5 day course of antiviral meds, and I’ve been taking Vitamin C and Lysine, and I really only had 3-4 uncomfortable days, which I was actually at work for…… Outbreaks will happen, but if we keep ourselves healthy, and learn how to manage them when they do, I don’t think you or any of us have anything to be afraid of. Good Luck!!

DrNoLove
    Participant

I also have Celiac. The best thing that we can do is nourish our gut. We’re not as likely to absorb medication or supplements as well as others – and so some supplementation might need to be higher. If I could give you any advice about that – it would be to lower your inflammation as much as possible, so your gut can take in whatever nutrients it needs to keep your body healthy. Never. EVER cheat on your diet.

Having a super overly excitable immune system CAN work in your favor.

Only 3 people know about my H diagnosis.. an old friend, my doc, and the person who gave it to me. Everyone on the planet knows about my Celiac diagnosis. I was a support group leader and am a healthcare professional. Funny how something that makes you poo like crazy doesn’t seem nearly as embarrassing as a dermatological condition. I wish the stigma was nonexistent. It would make life easier for a whole lot of us.

Hang in there. I’m working on doing the same.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

DrNoLove

Thank you so much for sharing. What great advice! Welcome to our community.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.