Very newly diagnosed, mixed feelings and disbelief

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Very newly diagnosed, mixed feelings and disbelief

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stacy
    Participant

I have only just gotten received my test results 4 days ago which have diagnosed me with HSV-1 (genital herpes). this came as a huge shock to me as I have only had sex one time and this is the consequence in a way i have received for that now in return. I feel in disbelief and like it isn’t reality that i am in fact positive. I still feel like I have so much to process and I’m unsure on how to really feel about it. I go from feeling totally fine to feeling the total opposite and completely negatively affected by it all. I’m fully still in a state of shock and feel like my knowledge on the STI is very limited. I would like to get more answers and all the key facts I need to know and how I move on and live with this now. It’s like my mind can’t come to terms with that I will now live with this for the rest of my life. I have an appointment to talk about my diagnosis and what to do moving forward and I hope that will help. I also just feel alone in all of this even though it has been said to me that this is very common. I hope that this forum will help me feel less alone in all of this. It’s also just like my mind can’t handle this diagnosis and is thinking about 100 things at one time to try and process and accept it.

sugar
    Participant

Hi Stacy, I was diagnosed with genital hsv-1 last June and it was devastating to me. I am also still having a hard time excepting that I have herpes. I am happy to report that I only had that one breakout. I have done alot of research on herpes and HSV-1 prefers to live in the mouth and not the genital area so breakouts are less common. I did find reading Dr. Kelly’s book helpful.

mnfirehorse66
    Participant

Hi both, I was just diagnosed yesterday and also in shock and enormous physical pain. I’m glad to know you haven’t had more outbreaks- is there anything you are taking, or doing, medication or otherwise to stay healthy?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.