Urinary issues?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Urinary issues?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey
    Participant

Hello all – I am hoping to shed some light on issues I have been having that I believe may be a side effect of being diagnosed with hsv-1. I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago and before that never had urinary issues. Since being diagnosed I have not only had more uti’s, but I also experience pain in my bladder and urethra and I think it is tied to an outbreak. The first time it happened my doctor did not find any evidence of a uti and antibiotics did not help. Does anyone else have urinary pain when they are having an outbreak?

Swan
    Participant

When I had my intial outbreak I had a kind of in my bladder, weird pressure (difficult to explain) when urinating. I only had a few blister on the outside of inner labia and thus think the pain was kind of nerve pain. XO

Kelsey
    Participant

That is exactly how I would explain it, a weird pressure in my bladder. Not really painful but makes me feel like I have to pee all the time. Have you experienced that any after your initial outbreak?

Swan
    Participant

I had my first outbreak in January and have not experienced it since. XO

Baby Dee
    Participant

It makes me have bouts of frequent urination and when I went to see if I had a UTI it was negative. Doc said it was just a side effect of the whole thing.

countrygal
    Participant

my first outbreak was horrendous and couldn’t actually pee – nothing would come out, it was torture! since then, a year ago my outbreaks have been just the sores, I did get a UTI along with an outbreak recently, not sure if related but it made me really miserable! but cleared up quickly with treatment
    am now on Valtrex 500mg twice a day so hoping this helps with breakouts

arscherry44
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have googled so many times trying to find out if anyone else gets this and could never find an answer! This has been one of my biggest concerns about herpes since it doesn’t seem to be documented at all. I would love to talk to you all about these symptoms more as it doesn’t seem to happen to everyone.

Even when I’m not having breakouts this feeling is a constant reminder of the herpes 🙁 whenever my bladder is even slightly full I get that pressure on my bladder or a slight rush of pain in it just for a second. Or sometimes right before I pee I feel it too.
    Do you ladies get it often? Sorry you are also going through this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.