Taking acyclovir and still getting outbreaks

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Taking acyclovir and still getting outbreaks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jas
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and I just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing what I’m going through.

I found out about my herpes diagnosis back in 2017, but until September last year, I had one outbreak or two and it had abated for years. Then all of a sudden since Sept, I’ve had monthly outbreaks.

I explained to my doctor who put me on twice a day acyclovir, which I have now been taking for a month. But now, I’ve just had the worst outbreak I’ve ever seen, with a Batholian (sp) cyst to match. Did anyone have a bad run with the tablet, or has any general advice to pass on?

I am *so* glad this forum exists…

Yuneisy
    Participant

Hi Jas , I was diagnosed Genital Herpes 1 2016. When I was diagnosed, they gave me acyclovir and after that I only had 3 outbreaks for the first year. After that year I notice my outbreaks been coming every month. I went back to the doctor , she dose it up but still it wasn’t working had a lot of sores every month no days off. Again went back, she didn’t know why it wasn’t working so she gave me stronger one called Valacyclovir 1 gram, now I don’t get a lot of outbreaks and if I do I get less sores than back than.
    Stress plays huge role too well for me and negativity.

tracygreen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.