So much encouragement on this site

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum So much encouragement on this site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Hi
    I’m new to this site and so thankful that I found it. I was diagnosed with HSV in 2010 by my dermatologist of all people. I thought I had a bug bite on my butt and it turned out to be HSV. I wasn’t officially tested until July of 2014, not knowing that I even needed the test, smh. So I now know that I have HSV-2. I had to learn everything that I’ve learned on the internet which I don’t know if I would suggest that someone do that because the things you read will cause some of us to kill ourselves. There are so many site, people, etc., that make it seem like having this is truly the end of your life. The dermatologist handed me a brochure and said he was putting me on Valtrex for a year and that should help. And when I went to see my OB-GYN, I told him and he just said, “oh, okay”. What!!! I got tested every year and never nothing, EVER. That made me upset to know that they don’t even test for HSV when you request STD testing. They should be required to tell you that. But I digress…
    I’m still to this day trying to figure out how, who gave this to me. I haven’t been with a lot of people or unprotected but it only takes one. I have a strong feeling but I’m too scared to say anything because so much time has passed. This is a very tricky virus. You could have it in your body for years, with little to no symptoms and then all of a sudden, here it is, front and center.
    I’ve been reading some of the other ladies testimonies and I thank God that many of you have found peace with this. I’m still working through it. Some days I’m fine, some days I feel very unattractive and depressed. I’ve put on about 25lbs. I know, not good but I don’t feel good about myself the majority of my days. But I also know there could be and are worse things I could be going through so I’m trying to be mindful of that and seek guidance from God for peace and a peace of mind. I haven’t told anyone, not a sole. I know that’s the biggest part of my struggle but people expect only GOOD things from me and there’s nothing good about herpes.
    I’m going to get things in order and I must say, reading how you guys are handling things is helping give me the strength to do that. I’ll look forward to reading your stories.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Marie,

Take the time to be very good to yourself. You may never know how you contracted this virus, so let the past be in your rear view mirror and shift your attention on the future. In no way are you any less attractive or desirable because you have this skin infection. Focus on your gifts and get out there and do the things that light you up. I encourage you to read my last blog post about dating yourself. You are so much more than this virus!

I encourage you to do the 30 Day Quick Start for success module in our Foundations Course. There are exercises in there that will help you to get healthier and to retrain your brain for success.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Marie
    Participant

Thank you for the encouraging words Dr. Kelly.
    I will look into the course you recommended. Take care
    Marie

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Your welcome Marie. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your healing journey.

Dr. Kelly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.