So Many Unanswered Questions?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum So Many Unanswered Questions?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Elizabeth 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hi All,

Back in the beginning of August I was diagnosed with Herpes type two. The way in which I was diagnosed was extremely difficult.
    Prior to meeting my partner who I received HSV2 from I had not been out on a date/relationship in close to a year. Wanted to get back out there again. We met and talked for close to three weeks before becoming intimate.
    A week later I became very ill. High fever, body aches and chills and my lower abdomen hurt. I was send to the hospital after five days of symptoms not subsiding.
    The doctors wanted to keep me over the weekend, do to an Ovarian cyst or and infection in my fallopian tube. They ran me for the most common STD ; trig, clap and gino. all came back negative.
    The reason they kept me over night is that my white blood count was not at the right level. Night two of being in the hospital my throat began to throb and my lymphnos on my neck were extremely swollen.
    Right before leaving the hospital (a totally of 4 days) they ran a viral culture on my throat. With 48hours i received results that my test on my throat came back as herpes.
    Of course once I started reading about Herpes I wanted to know which kind. I took a blood test and it stated in the IgG test was that my index was 7.42 which suggested I had a early infection of HSV 2.
    Two days later I received more results stating that I recently tested positive for HSV 1 and 2 in the IGM phase of the reaction. Also stating both HSV1 and 2 share many cross reacting antigens. Elevated titers to both HSV1 and 2 may represent cross reactive HSV antibodies rather than exposure to both HSV 1 and 2.
    What does that mean? Do I have both? I have no idea. Its been over a month and I have had no vaginal outbreak and no sore throat. My only outbreak was in my throat. Can i pass it orally and vaginally? Or just orally because thats where my only outbreak was.
    I am considering going back to the doctors for more test and more answers. I am just still so confused and frustrated.

Thank you for reading, i know i was long. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Elizabeth.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.