Signs I'm Healing?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Signs I'm Healing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SG
    Participant

Hi, I’m a newly diagnosed member of the club. I’ve been told the initial outbreak is the worst and I sure hope so because this is terrible.

I started taking Valacyclovir about 4 days into symptoms and have been on it now for 3 full days. I’m wondering how I know when the healing process has started?

Tonight I started feeling some pretty intense itching rather than just extreme pain. Does this means its continuing to spread or possibly starting to heal? With a lot of injuries, itching = healing but I’m not sure if that applies in this situation.

Please share any advice you have!

BeLove
    Participant

I am new to this situation as well. I have had this outbreak for about 6 weeks and am on 3grams valacyclovir a day but it seems to get a bit better, at least not painful to urinate then extreme itching again. I am trying to hard to not itch because it’s causing more breakdown of tissues and I start all over again. Wishing you all the best!

Perfectly Imperfect
    Participant

Regarding the itching part of having the virus. I constantly itch every day all day long. It gets so irritating. Does that mean it’s in a break out phase? I don’t usually see sores but I itch all the time.

BeLove
    Participant

I think it means it is in the break out phase because I never got sores really until I itched and then the tissue was damaged. So be careful about itching. I know it is extremely hard and I have succumbed and then started all over again with sore/rawness. I at that point started using zinc oxide (baby diaper rash stuff) because I could coat it and alleviate a bit of pain from using the bathroom.

I went for a walk with hubby a day ago and now am painful and raw again but am refraining from itching so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.