Sex

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by KP.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lopeslisa1738
    Participant

Can someone give me information on how to have sex with hsv I’m new. How does the process work I’m not on any daily anti virals would revoking to have sex while having a outbreak and using condoms be sufficient enough

Sister7277
    Participant

Do you have HSV1 or HSV2?

Either way, steering clear of outbreaks and using condoms is a safe way to go about it. There’s still risk, but it’s low. Some people use dental dams.

KP
    Participant

Hey! Like Sister7277 said, condoms and no sex during outbreaks is the way to go.
    The best practice is to use condoms 100% of the time, and put one on before any skin-to-skin contact occurs. Avoid sex during an outbreak, or any time you think you feel one coming on.

I’d read that taking a daily antiviral, like acyclovir, can reduce the risk of transmission to something like 4% when you also use condoms, etc. I took acyclovir for about a year, but am no longer sexually active and so I came off it. But it made me feel a lot safer and more confident when I was in a relationship, since I didn’t have outbreaks while taking it, so I didn’t have to worry about one popping up. We still used condoms, but the peace of mind helped.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.