Scared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sunny776611
    Participant

My daughter was tested for herpes because of what they think to be an outbreak. (Still waiting on results) I was so upset for as she is only 18. And literally 2 days later I started having some pain (burning mostly) and some redness (but no bumps or blisters) its totally freaked me out and got me thinking of the “yeast infection” I always thought I got -could I have had this and given it to my children through sharing of towels or not washing my hand well enough or even from birth. I know you’re probably thinking im jumping to conclusions but for the last week I have felt a burning pain when I have to pee and some burning in the vaginal opening and I am beyond freaking out.

Sister7277
    Participant

From what I understand, herpes is past through skin to skin contact. I don’t believe sharing towels or getting it from a surface would be very likely to transmit, even if you did have it, but your symptoms at this point don’t sound like herpes, having no painful sores or blisters present. Hope that helps give some insight! Keep us posted.

sunny776611
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manda
    Participant

From the research I’ve done you can’t pass herpes unless it is skin to skin. I was worried about transmission from toilet seats but the information out there says it can only be spread by sexual contact through both sex and oral sex.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.