Safe Sex

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Safe Sex

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lisa
    Participant

I was diagnosed eighteen months ago via a blood test and so far am asymptomatic for hsv2 and negative for HSV1. I’m 66. Going forward, due to viral shedding should my partner wear disposable gloves when touching my genitals? I cannot take anti-virals as they cause hair loss. So it sounds like all sex needs to be with a condom? Due to being post-menopausal, even w a lubricant condoms aren’t comfortable. This is so depressing but I have to accept reality and keep my partner safe. One of the hardest challenges I have faced!

Lov2500
    Participant

How long have you been with your partner? Long enough for the risk to be talked about?
    I don’t think gloves need to be worn as long as the person doesn’t touch themselves after.
    Also, have you looked into female condoms?

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I was ending a one-year relationship in 2017 when I received the diagnosis. I was so freaked out I haven’t had sex since. But I am ready to venture out into dating again. First I want to be clear re how I will keep a partner safe. I can get female condoms at out county health dept/clinic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.