Recently diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Recently diagnosed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bree
    Participant

Hello everyone…my name is Bree. This last week I was recently diagnosed with Herpes. I have so many mixed emotions right now. I have been talking with the guy I am now dating for about four months. We decided to take the next step after visits, constant communication and planning that he move to my area and we would be together. That was a HUGE step for me because I have not been in a relationship for almost five years. I thought I was doing all the right things…I even waited until after he was here to sleep with him. Well about 6 days after we had sex, I began to have horrible pain and decided to go to the doctor. That day she confirmed what became my worst nightmare. I went back to the house and talked to him. He told me he had herpes. He began saying he has never given it to anyone and has had it for 8 years. I didn’t know what to do or how to feel. I still don’t. I have cried…a lot. I am mad and I am angry. I am not this girl…I have always been careful and I thought I was doing it all the right way. Why?!? There are thoughts that go through my mind like did he do this on purpose? To trap me in a sense?! But then I think like ..no he’s a good guy he wouldn’t do that. I don’t know what to do or how to control my racing thoughts. I have thought about ending it with him, but then again here I am with it so I feel like why wouldn’t I stay now. I’m so confused and lost in this whole situation. I feel like what I have prided myself on my whole life of “not being that type of girl” is over. How do I carry on. What from here?
    Also any advice for the breakouts would be helpful. Mine are painful and using the bathroom is a nightmare sat this point. I am now on day three of my medication and I’m hoping this outbreak goes away soon.

Bree

Chaz
    Participant

Hi Bree, from personal experience as someone who is still waiting to disclose to a partner of 7yrs I would say be kind to yourself. Initial diagnosis is very scary! Disclosing this kind of information is also terrifying and although it is cowardly of him to not tell you if you do genuinely really like this man then you could possibly work through it. Or see where it goes. I think it’s very important that you ask him as many questions as you need to feel comfortable and from his answers you will probably be able to gauge what kind of person he is. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this, but the outbreaks get easier, shorter and less frequent with time. Sending love and support your way!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.