Pregnancy

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Pregnancy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smartlife20
    Participant

I remember reading in your book Dr.kelly that you had your child vaginally did you do any procedures to prevent an out break or make sure the baby came out healthy? Because I am worried and I am due very soon. I just want my baby to come out healthy. I have never had an outbreak but I’m just nervous birth may set one off..

Thank you

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

If you have never had an outbreak and you contracted herpes before you were pregnant, then chances are excellent that herpes will not complicate your pregnancy. I was able to have my baby all naturally and did not do anything different before my due date. The chances of having a baby with neonatal herpes is significantly less than 1%. In addition, at least 1 in 4 pregnant women have herpes and OVER 99% of them deliver babies without any complications from herpes. My suggestion to you is to enjoy this last segment of your pregnancy and nurture your body as much as you can. Have conversations with your unborn child and tell him/her how much you love them. Consider doing some art therapy, expressing your emotions through the arts. Check out the book Birthing From Within. It is an excellent resource!

Line
    Participant

Dear dr. Kelly. I have 2,5 months left of my pregnancy and is currently experiencing an outbreak. Not inside, but outside the general lips.. What if I have a breakout when I have to give birth? Is there anything I can do / should know? Hope you can help me! Best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.