Oral Sex

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Oral Sex

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lov2500
    Participant

Hello all,

Newly diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. Have had HSV1 all my life but just recently had a genital breakout and tested positive HSV2. My boyfriend and I have been together 7 months and he is being supportive but his doctor is telling him no oral sex. We haven’t come to a conclusion about what we will do moving forward but I can’t imagine one would go against medical advice, I’m not sure I would if roles were reversed.

What have others experienced with this specific situation? He already has HSV1 so technically we are both putting ourselves at risk with oral sex, right?

Lisa
    Participant

This is from personal experience: I was in two long-term relationships w men who had cold sores on their lips. We weren’t intimate when they had cold sores but otherwise oral sex was a part of our sex life. To my great surprise I tested negative for HSV1 recently(Elisa tested positive but the Western Blot gold standard test was negative). Going forward my assumption is that I can give oral sex to my partner but not vice versa unless I wear a female condom. Thus is slightly heartbreaking. But I may be wrong so I hope others have thoughts. And as you say, safety comes first.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.