One Week Diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum One Week Diagnosed

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    paleo.g96
    Participant

Im usually very self aware when it comes to my body and any changes i might feel but this time was different. I had a small bump on my genitals and the first thing i did was pick up my laptop and did as much research as possible. I made my appt the following day convincing myself it was just an ingrown hair of some sort. A week passed and i got the phone call I’ve been dreading, it came back positive for HSV2.
    My world came crashing down I wanted to blame the guy I was seeing so bad but how can i blame someone who didn’t know they even had it. I felt like a disappointment and kept blaming myself that I should’ve known to continue using condoms but when its someone you’ve been intimate with for awhile it isnt something as important anymore. I did a full workup that day so once again im waiting for results for others such as HIV and Hepatitis.
    I never thought that I would find myself in this situation but I’ve learned to accept what I have and do all the research to be as knowledgeable as I can if the other results were to come back positive. Im not sure if im still in a state of shock or if I’ve come to peace with my current diagnosis. Im just looking for someone to be able to talk to these things about. Someone for support and advice for things such as future dating.
    I live in San Antonio but im open to meeting anyone from anywhere, send me an email: paleo.g96@gmail.com

lomaracantoo
    Participant

Hang in there! I’m 3 weeks into the nightmare, and I have no idea what I’m going to do.

paleo.g96
    Participant

Thank you for the kind words @lomaracantoo Im taking it day by day. When does it become easier 🙁

Bliss
    Participant

I was diagnosed about a month ago! I’ve researched everything on this. Evven took a quiz this evening and got all the answers right! But I cannot find any answers to the questions that come to my head everyday! I feel like I’m going to die alone!

lomaracantoo
    Participant

I’ve got a husband to break it to. Which first? The I cheated part? Or the I got a lifelong disease that you can get too, and our sex love as we knew it will never be the same. I feel I might die alone too…

paleo.g96
    Participant

I dont even want to think of future dating with the fear that the guy will never understand my situation /:

carlajennn
    Participant

I was diagnosed last January and since then I have been overthinking it. Right now I feel like I need a friend who is going through the same. Im here if you need someone to talk to. Think we all need support from each other.

kathrynmiller30
    Participant

I am less than a week diagnosed , I’m confused .., want to be angry but the same. I feel I don’t know how I could have contracted it as I feel like Men don’t know

Willing to have talking partners too

Thanks everyone for their words

carlajennn
    Participant

Let’s connect. My email address is carlajennn@gmail.com. It would be nice to have great support from each other.

Bunny
    Participant

Only 2 days into this and I’m just in the roller coaster of feelings. Would anybody find me attractive after telling my status? What does my future look like romantically? Very hard to process all this and see a happy life after

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.