Nuts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Celestina
    Participant

I rarely get outbreaks, but just this past month I had my first OB in a long time. I read that nuts can cause outbreaks. I was at my girlfriends house the other day and I had macadamia nuts for the first time. She brought them back from her trip to Hawaii. They were awesome. Could they have triggered an OB in me?

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Nuts are definitely known to trigger outbreaks. For those of you who are wondering if they are contributing to your outbreaks, remove them from your diet. Once you are outbreak free for at least 3 months, then you can reintroduce them one at a time.

stonemarie
    Participant

I have only had one OB since my diagnosis, but I do eat nuts as a snack every day. Should I stop that? I never knew that nuts could cause OB’s and I definitely don’t want to have to go through another outbreak.

stormys
    Participant

Yes. I have found that if I have just one almond, I’ll get an outbreak within 24 hours. It took me a while to figure that out, but now that I do I stay away from nuts and I don’t seem to get OB’s anymore.

trinity11
    Participant

I am newly diagnosed and eat nuts daily. Should I totally cut them out of my diet forever? I think I had an outbreak with my ex-husband 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.