Newly diagnosed. Scared and upset :(

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Newly diagnosed. Scared and upset :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ckingsford17
    Participant

Hi everyone. I recently contracted HSV from the first person I slept with after getting out of a long-term relationship. I am still waiting on the results to confirm whether it is HSV-1 or 2. My first outbreak is painful, uncomfortable, and gross to look at. I feel absolutely depressed, so alone, and just not like myself…furthermore I have no idea how to tell this person that they gave me HSV. It is not a serious or monogamous relationship and I’ve only known him for about a month. I feel like if I tell him he may throw it back at me and that is the last thing I need right now. Does anyone have any advice for how to deal with this? Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? Any insight at all into living with HSV would be greatly appreciated. Having a super tough time with it ☹

jat5351
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mia
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    lucyinthesky
    Participant

I’m in a fairly same position. My husband broke up with me in February and I’ve recently been with a guy I knew 10 years ago just to get myself out there again and 2 weeks later I had an outbreak! There’s so much confusing information though. Obviously my first thought is that this guy gave it to me! But apparently you can have the virus for years and never know to have an outbreak and they don’t test for it in standard std checks (which I had early on in my relationship) So either he gave it to me, my husband gave it to me, or maybe I got it 8 years ago before I met my husband! My new guy is waiting results. I told him over message but mostly we communicate over Snapchat anyway. I sent a whole long rambling post getting out my feelings not blaming him but also being worried about if it was me and I gave it to him! He was so understanding and just worried about me. Don’t be afraid to tell him!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.