Newly Diagnosed: Pain/Itch Relief During Outbreaks?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Newly Diagnosed: Pain/Itch Relief During Outbreaks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JJayne
    Participant

I was diagnosed yesterday and am absolutely devastated and depressed. I’m still in disbelief and trying to process the news. It makes it worse that the outbreak is so itchy and painful- it hurts to sit, it burns to pee, it hurts to walk to much I’m limiting my movement, and I it’s unbearably painful when I try to sleep that I keep waking up at night from the pain. I’m on valacyclovir and all the genital herpes resources out there keep telling me that herpes is not a big deal. I would like to be able to manage the pain so I can at least start to feel like there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Right now, I can’t see myself ever going back to any of my regular activities or being active again in any way. Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to lessen or deal with the pain during an outbreak? I’ve only read that advil helps.

neuro
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swan
    Participant

I was recently diagnosed due to a typical firts outbreak, fever, extreme nervepain and tiny, typical blisters on my labia. Blisters/sore(s) disappeared once starting Valtrex. I can also ters or kind of cuts down there, but as the skin is so fragile down there I do not suspect these being herpes due to the typical blisters i got during firts outbreak. I have notice that these tears/cuts are less frequent after I started using a special oil and off course no soap when showering. I do not take antivirals, bur Lysine and vit C&D daily.

Swan
    Participant

And sorry for the typing errors! The layout on this page is not the best from my mobile. Also, English is not my first language 🙂

wildfire30
    Participant

Hi Jjayne,

If you’re like me, it’s going to be an emotional rollercoaster especially at first, but you just have to let yourself go through the emotions. The first outbreak is the worst. Lysine has helped with the pain for me. Also try putting some ice down there and if you have a bathtub get some epsom salts and take a bath. It works wonders in multiple ways! Valacyclovir should shorten your first outbreak especially since you started it right away.
    Stay strong <3

angel
    Participant

I also got diagnosed very recently and I too am struggling to find any relief. The only thing I’ve found that works even slightly is an ice pack wrapped up and placed on the sores, as regular painkillers and a local anaesthetic I have been prescribed have done nothing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.