Newly diagnosed and usure if I’m having an outbreak.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Newly diagnosed and usure if I’m having an outbreak.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Dr.Kelly,
    I was diagnosed back in December so this is a very fresh wound for me. I was very very shocked by the news because I have always been in long term relationships yada yada.

When I went in to see the doctor the only symptom I had was a little knot like bump (small pea size). It was sensitive and sore. Herpes never came to mind. Cancer was my first guess since so many of my family members have it or have died from it. I was just so heart broken in general. Shortyly after the news I bought your book (thank God). I’ve studied your book daily because I have always liked to know what is going on with my body and what I need to do to take care of it. Now I am so worried and paranoid about everything going on down there. I feel like I have no control.

The Urgent Care that diagnosed me said I had genital herpes. They gave me Acyclovir (800mg 5 times a day for 10 days). The one little bump went away and the small cuts inside went away. After finding out my diagnosis I went to my doctor and got my paps. My paps was irregular and they did a biopsy. I came back negative for HPV. Yes, these last three months have been so stressful.

Now I am just struggling with knowing what is an outbreak since I had such minimum symptoms. Yesterday I cried alllll day due to some relationship problems and I think I over stressed myself out and now I have this bump down there. About half inch from my first bump. It’s a little tender and it has grown in size over night. I also have this strong smell, but I am on this immune boost of vitamins that my doctor is having me do. It turns my pee Gatorade yellow (no joke) and my discharge is kind of yellow too.

Are these any outbreak symptoms?

I haven’t had outbreaks since my first one and I’ve had many scares that my doctor has told me that weren’t outbreaks. So I just don’t want to be the “boy who cried wolf” at my doctors office. Just this bump truly looks like the first one I had.

Sorry I hope I didn’t ramble too much. My mind has been on overload with questions and worries.

-Myranda

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.