newly diagnosed.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum newly diagnosed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mbaileyflood
    Participant

this is unbelievable.
    I am 54 years old and have never had an std, and i now find myself diagnosed with HSV2. I hate this virus, i hate these outbreaks. I hate everything about the whole thing. My boyfriend is supportive. He has HSV1. I don’t know if i got this from him or if it has sat dormant in my body for over 30 years… seriously… 30 years ago i dated a guy who had been diagnosed with HSV2.
    I was diagnosed last july, but had my first out break in april, but i was away from home and didn’t get officially diagnosed until i came back.
    I have outbreaks every 4 to 6 weeks. I hate it.
    I take a daily suppressive medication, Valtrex. The doctor recently increased the dosage to 1000 mg a day. It still isn’t working.
    I hate my body. I hate my vagina. and have no clue what else to do. my partner is relatively understanding. and i have a therapist.
    Thank you for listening.

Mimi
    Participant

I can completely understand every emotion and feeling you are experiencing right now. After my initial outbreak and my diagnosis of HSV2, I felt disgusted by myself. I would wash my hands obsessively in the shower, after using the bathroom, or even after just sitting on the couch, no amount of scrubbing felt like enough to wash away what I was feeling. This is turn caused me to be in a constant state of outbreak, my stress levels were so high that I almost always had atleast one lesion present. But I can promise you that it does get better. Your body is still the same beautiful body that has supported your life since the day you were born, and a pesky skin condition will never change that. Seriously. It might sound corny, but your body is a temple. If you are ever feeling alone or down on yourself, please don’t hesitate to reach out! I am just a click away.

mbaileyflood
    Participant

mimi
    Thank you for your response. It feels like i cannot go more than 3 or 4 weeks without an outbreak. i work 2 jobs and go to school, plus have aging parents. my boyfriend has stuck with me so on the upside… I’m not homeless. (that was supposed to be funny).
    I’m sad about this disease and have only told one friend and my sister, well and my boyfriend. I do the washing my hands thing, and am not even sure how to like… wash in the shower.. (sorry…tmi). i feel like no matter what i do i am going to spread this to other parts of my body.
    I have just started a regime of vitamin B, lysine, zinc, magnesium vitamin c, vitamin d3, fish oil, i think that’s it.
    I use witch hazel when i am having an outbreak, which doesn’t feel great but atleast seems like i am doing SOMETHING topically. also i use coconut oil and tea tree oil topically when i am having an outbreak.
    this whole thing just sucks. I feel like i will never have a “normal” sex life… whatever that is.
    sigh… i hate this.
    thank you for the support.
    m

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.