newly diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum newly diagnosed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mbaileyflood
    Participant

I feel like i am “old” to be on these forums, but i am 54 years old and have just been diagnosed with HSV2. I am devastated to say the least. I have been in pain for weeks, to the point of crying almost everyday. I don’t know when or how i was exposed, although i dated a guy 30 years ago who had herpes. after that i was with my now exhusband for almost 25 years and my current boyfriend for 7 years. my current bf gets a blister on his lip with he is stressed or not sleeping enough. 40 year ago he was told it was “impetigo”. i want him to get tested but he doesn’t want to miss a whole day of work. He has been supportive and all of that. but i am devastated. I’m 54 years old with an std… ridiculous.
    I already have body image issues, have been a rape and molestation survivor (warrior status really). I pretty much hate how i feel. i am in pain, despite being on a 5 day cycle of valtrex, and i just want to cry and sleep, but i have to pretend i’m “normal” and ok.
    anyway… i am not sure what i expect from a group but i’m so sad and devastated and in pain. reaching out is the hardest thing. i guess.
    I”m a grown ass woman, mother of 4, 3 bonus kids, 1 granddaughter and 1 bonus grandson. i am working towards my bachelors degree. why is this happening?
    thanks for the vent,
    Michele

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.