This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dray 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Maiya
    Participant

Hey guys I’m Jordan. I’m 23 & I just found out about my diagnosis. I tested positive for HSV 2 & I’m heartbroken… idk how long I’ve had it cause I just started showing symptoms so I went to the dr & that’s when they told me. I’m on medicine but I’m so scared & anxious & my self esteem has dropped so much. I’ve been searching for online support groups but I could find any especially in this area. I wanted to know how to deal w/ it & how to “shake” this feeling cause right now I feel horrible. My girlfriend knows & she understands & we plan on taking the necessary steps to protect her but I’m just hopeless. Im not sure how I can deal w/ this for the rest of my life. Any advice would be helpful, thank you ladies 🙂

CaliGirl87
    Participant

Hi Jordan. Let me start by saying, you’re not alone. I got diagnosed a few days ago myself. I’ve been crying non-stop. I think it’s important to surround yourself with a good support group (for me it has been my close family and friends). I’ve been lucky that the few people I’ve told have been so compassionate. I am not where I am supposed to be in the healing process. But I’m actively looking for support groups, like you. I’m also considering professional counseling. I have faith things will get better over time; or we will learn how to cope better with it. In the meantime, I just wanted to say, take care of yourself. I’ve read that keeping a good diet, immune system, and rest are all things that can reduce the number of outbreaks we get. So, I’m trying to do that (hard to do when you’re stressed over this though lol). Sending you my best!

• This reply was modified 5 days, 13 hours ago by  CaliGirl87. Reason: adding context

Dray
    Participant

Your not alone. I was diagnosed a few days ago, but my boyfriend left me because of it. I’m devastated and I dont know what to do. He was suppose to be there for me, but he ran. I would have been the opposite with him. I loved him. My support system is very small so I feel alone in this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.