Newbie with some questions

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Newbie with some questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Kelly 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Maximus
    Participant

Hi, new here, and looking for help. I have ordered Dr. Kelly Martin Schuh‘s Book just in case folks were wondering. I was diagnosed with HSV-2 last month and have been doing lots of research.

1) Folks with HSV-2, how long does the first outbreak last? Your mouth versus genitals? For future outbreaks, do you experience fever and swollen lymph nodes every time? I’m in the midst of the initial outbreak. Healing sores, elevated temperature (between 98.6 and 99.5, but not continuous), swollen lymph nodes).

2) Brown rice is listed as foods to avoid on this website. I’ve been considering following a GF lifestyle, only to find bread and crackers made from brown rice starch or flour (can’t remember which one). Is anyone else as confused as I am?

3) What protein powder, if any, is recommended? Is whey a problem? Collagen?

4) How much salt is too much salt? When I see “salty foods”, that doesn’t help. My Doctor says we need some salt in our diets. Anybody have recommendations?

5) Durham’s Bee Farm: anybody ever tried it? I use their propolis and their canker sore melody, which seem to do the trick.

Appreciate any help.

M

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Welcome Maximus!
    As a newbie, there are a ton of questions, so I am so glad you found us.
    1. Herpes symptoms vary tremendously as does the healing rate. If you have full blown blisters, it will probably take a few weeks for the skin to heal. Most people experience a decrease in symptoms over time and their first outbreaks are usually the most intense.
    2. I love a gluten free lifestyle as it is linked to many health benefits including a strengthening of the immune system. The reason rice is on the do not eat list is because it is high in something called arginine. Some women with herpes respond well to a diet low in arginine while others are not impacted by arginine at all. The trick in managing herpes is to discover how your body responds to the virus. Once again, every “body” is different. I would start by focussing on a diet high in veggies, some fruit and high quality meats.
    3. Protein powders can be a trigger for some, but not all women.
    4. Bee propolis is an excellent healer and immune builder.

Hope this helps. This truly is a journey. Take each day at a time. If you need more robust support, don’t hesitate to explore private coaching with me under the work with me tab.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.