new to all this

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum new to all this

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shannawayman28
    Participant

Hello I am new here and I thought I would introduce myself. A week ago I started getting tears down there and what I thought was a hemorrhoid. I went to the doctor and she gave me some medication but it wasn’t going away. I got a second opinion and was told that it could be what I feared herpes. I had a test done and I got my results today and it came back positive. Now with my situation I knew my boyfriend had it. We were taking precautions to avoid me getting it but it didn’t work. I’m not angry with him because I knew the risk I just don’t know how to handle it. I wanna cry and I wanna scream but then again I know my life isn’t over. Then the thought also crosses my mind of what if we split up then what. I don’t have many friends due to my ex husband and the ones I do have I wouldn’t feel comfortable talking to them about this. I want to talk to him about it, he does know that I now have it but I don’t know how to go about it so I turn to you guys. Thank you for reading.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Shanna,

Thank you so much for sharing. It takes a great deal of courage to raise up your voice and ask for help.

I can totally understand that you are going through a range of emotions right now. These are all very normal and I encourage you to really feel the feelings. Punch a pill, scream and shout….Let it all hang out. You are not broken and you will overcome this. You are also not alone! At least 1 in 4 women have this! Use this forum to vent it all out, for we women want to support you. The last thing you want to do is bottle up all of those feelings, for later it can turn to illness.

You are totally correct that your life isn’t over and that you can learn how to manage your outbreaks and learn how to move on with your life. I don’t want you worrying about the scenario of what if you and your boyfriend don’t work out. This relationship is no different than any other; and if it doesn’t work out, you will be just fine. Don’t stay in the relationship if it is not working for you….regardless of you having herpes or not. There is someone out there who will love you no matter what.

You don’t have to go out and tell all of your friends about this. I do encourage you to talk to your boyfriend though. There will come a time when you are able to open up to at least one family member or friend. It is when we are able to expose our most vulnerable selves that we give others the opportunity to connect with us on a deeper level. In the end, you will feel so much better by just sharing your story and this is the perfect place to practice.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.