New Here, but not to HSV-2 30 yr veteran

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum New Here, but not to HSV-2 30 yr veteran

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Alynn

Just wanted to introduce myself. Am now 53, was diagnosed at 22. First outbreak was so bad I could barely stand without help. Had back to back outbreaks right out of the gate and have been on suppressive therapy since then. For past 15 years have also been dealing with Vulvodynia, pain in the vulva and now recently have developed persistent yeast infections. Just finished another 3 day course of cream as well as recognize and felt the familiar ache in my gluteus this morning. Have been using ice packs, so uncomfortable. Feel like I constantly have to see. Just really glad this site is here, wish it had been when I was 22, felt so alone and shamed back then.
    Anyway, this disease/virus does not define you. Hope to meet and make some new friends here.

leesa1627
    Participant

Hi Alynn, it seems we have alot in common. I am 47 and have had hsv since 21. I have also been on meds for almost the whole time. I also have vulvodynia, but its been about 1.5 years. I hope you get this message as I would love to speak with you offline.

Alynn

Leesa, Would love to talk to you. Do you know if there is a way to private message others here without posting private info?

leesa1627
    Participant

Hi, I know I would love to talk to you too, but don’t think there is a PM function on this forum and I don’t want to post my private contact info out here. Are you on any other forums? Maybe we could find each other on another forum and pm? Not sure what else to suggest

Jessica lopez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

D
    Participant

Can’t imagine what you ladies have gone through! I just got diagnosed. You are so brave. Best wishes.

Lisa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.