New diagnosis

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum New diagnosis

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by AGS.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jj
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 last Thursday and have been struggling on and off. I know the only thing I can do is focus on feeling better and moving on, but it is hard to imagine my future having this when I have been completely healthy my whole life (I’m 27). I also am intimidated by the huge stigma around this, and how guys are going to react when I feel confident enough to start dating again.

I know that it is completely manageable so I’m not as worried about the physical aspects, but I am really nervous about the stereotyping and narrow-mindedness I am going to come across. Any advice/love would be appreciated right now.

Ally
    Participant

Hi jj, Same here, 26, just diagnosed two days ago, having the same feelings. How to feel myself again, how to feel like Im enough for someone, feeling the stigma. I don’t have much advice but Im happy I found this community its been so helpful to hear everyones experiences and know there are others out there going through the same thing. I wish I had some words of wisdom but all I can say right now is Im already looking up to you for your strength to share your experience.

AGS
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Recent diagnosis for HSV 1 as well. I, too am at lost for words, and overwhelm with the stigma and information passed on from my doctor and nurses. I have shared this with my current partner but it’s definitely taking an emotional toll on us. Myself more! I have a strong belief that it’s going to be okay, but the current lingering of anxiety of “when is an outbreak” going to happen definitely comes and goes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.