New

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jackiehere87
    Participant

Hi there I am looking to touch base with someone to get some facts I was diagnosed 2 years ago of HSV 1 genital I have not had a outbreak since the initial when I have a swab taken and told
    me my results. I am recently single and looking for some information on dating and moving forward.

gemiceli3
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Maria89
    Participant

Hi Jackie,

Well. The first thing is to be informed. Having HSV-1 genital is different than HSV-2 genital. are the Here are facts you need to know:
    50% to 80% of the population already has HSV-1 orally.
    It is rare to pass the virus to your genitals once you have it orally.
    HSV-2 genital outbreaks go from 3 to 6 per year or more in symptomatic people.
    HSV-1 genital outbreaks are 1 or less per year in symptomatic people. Most often, they have 1-3 in three years and then nothing.
    Viral shedding (When you shed the virus without symptoms) of HSV-1 genital is like 1-3% depending on the study.
    Viral shedding of HSV-2 genital is 15-30% of the time.
    Without a condom and having sex while there are no symptoms in HSV-2 is 4% from women to man.
    Imagine with HSV-1. It’s almost nothing. The transmission of HSV-1 genital to genital is rare (really rare). You mostly get HSV-1 with oral sex. That’s what happened to you. You didn’t catch it as a kid with the kiss of your parents or a grandpa or grandma; and your first exposure to HSV-1 was oral sex.
    So, you got genital herpes, but you were lucky enough to get the nicer one: HSV-1.
    All you need to do is to request your partner to get tested, the chances he has HSV-1 and doesn’t even know are high. If he has it, no problem.
    If he doesn’t, still, the chances of getting it during sex are really really low.
    Watch a video in YouTube called “understanding herpes” from the American health association. And watch a podcast in YouTube. “The big herpes episode with Terri Warren”. She is one of the top recognized academics and researchers about herpes. All I said and more will be there. If you need a serious paper to understand it, I can’t send it as well.
    Most people say herpes is herpes, it doesn’t matter (even doctors). But, for me, it does matter. Having herpes is not a big deal, and having HSV-1 is even less than a deal.
    I hope this information helps you, and I encourage you to request your partner a test. Maybe he has HSV-2 and doesn’t even know. You should also take care of your health.

Maria89
    Participant

Sorry, I meant “I can send you the paper”.

Maria89
    Participant

And you said you just had one outbreak in two years. Well, in HSV-1 genital, when you have one outbreak and no more outbreaks after a year, in 87% of the cases, it means you won’t have more outbreaks in your life 😉

Maria89
    Participant

Knowing the type(1 or 2) of genital herpes you have is important. Disclosing genital HSV-1 genital is more trust than transmission dear. Keep with your life and try not to catch HSV-2. Keep your health, request a test to your partners.
    That’s all I can tell you. It was a huge message. I send you a hug!

Lola
    Participant

I have genital herpes 1. I get a lot of breakouts and I’m sure it is hsv1. The outbreaks are terrible but I’m better at managing them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.