My Life is Forever Changed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum My Life is Forever Changed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paige
    Participant

I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with Genital Herpes yesterday (December 30th). I am so confused and keep wondering how and why this is happening to me. I have been with my boyfriend for a year now and the first thoughts were did one of us cheat? We were both very confused. I stumbled upon this as I was trying to gain knowledge on how to be safe and prevent outbreaks. I found that this can lay dormant for years which made my boyfriend and I feel a little bit better. I live with the constant fear of him leaving due to this, even though he says otherwise and is an amazing and supportive man. I just don’t know where to go from here and cry constantly. I’m hoping this place will help, because I have fallen into a deep depression.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Paige,

My heart breaks open for you. I can remember what it was like when I was first diagnosed. I cried myself to sleep for a long time.

I promise you that it does get better and that you are supported here in this forum. I am thrilled that you found this forum so early in your journey. Use this sisterhood of Women Supporting Women with Herpes to ask questions and get support.

Please know that herpes does not need to define you. If it works out with your boyfriend that’s great, but be sure that he is the right man for you. There are so many women who stay in relationships that are not healthy simply because of their partner accepting their herpes.

There are several things you can do to decrease symptoms and transmission. Focus on decreasing the stress in your life and removing any known triggers from your diet (i.e. foods high arginine like coffee, nuts and alcohol). You can also use condoms and antivirals (natural or prescription) to decrease transmission.

Take care of yourself and take time to nurture yourself each and every day. You are loved beyond measure and you can overcome this.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.