Migraines

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Migraines

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaylaw2868
    Participant

Has anyone experienced crippling migraines from genital herpes?
    I can’t remember when the migraines started and when I got diagnosed but I do know it over lapped.
    When these migraines happened I could not function and nothing helped.
    I saw 3 neurologists and found no medications worked.
    I’ve managed to have fewer and function somewhat while taking magnesium and butterbur but I still get them.
    I don’t know what’s causing them and curious if its the herpes or something else.
    If someone has the same problems and can recommend a site like this that would be great to.

BeLove
    Participant

Oh, that sounds awful having migraines like that. I do not get them. So the magnesium and butterbur help with the migraines or herpes outbreaks? I am currently in one and it lasting a very long time.

kaylaw2868
    Participant

its for the migraines.
    im on valacyclovir daily

BeLove
    Participant

Got it!

rong529
    Participant

I have HSV 2 and lifelong history of migraines (prior to HSV2) I’m not sure if they are related however, they both involve nerve inflammation. So a Neurologist may be helpful. I take Imitrex for migraines and that usually works. I think when I’m stressed I can get outbreaks at the same time. Have you had your Vit. D level checked? Mine was low and I haven’t had outbreaks for 5 weeks since starting 4000IU daily of D. I live in northern climate. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.