Mental health

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Mental health

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kay
    Participant

I got diagnosed about a month ago & im really struggling with my mental health. I just have so much anxiety and even though I have tried to find resources I still don’t feel like myself anymore. I feel like I’m distancing myself from people around me & have days where I feel extremely low. I am so ready for the new year but does anyone have any tips when struggling with mental health?

Mara J
    Participant

Hi Kay. I just joined this forum, but I was diagnosed in December of 2017. I was devastated, and struggled mightily with anxiety attacks for the first time in my life. It took a few months before I was feeling okay again – I educated myself as much as I could. I meditated. I drank calming herbal teas. I spent time with understanding friends and called them when I felt a panic coming on. I took B complex and lysine and probiotics. I only stayed on Valtrex until the outbreak had cleared – then took lysine for a few months. I was outbreak free for 2 years, and am.currently having a very mild (one lesion) recurrence. It will get easier. Hugs.

Kay
    Participant

Thank you for the response❤️ It does get easier, I have found I’m in a better mental place lately, I still have odd days here and there which I feel is normal. I haven’t found anyone to confide in yet. I so badly want to tell my mom or a friend just really haven’t felt I’m able to which I think makes it tough. Thanks for your words!

gemmydn
    Participant

I’m not comfortable telling anyone either. I have friends but I just can’t bring myself to tell them. I’m afraid of passing this on unintentionally. My husband gave it to me and he didn’t have an open sore. We have been so careful.

cheryl0621
    Participant

I was diagnosed in May of this year. It has taken me until the last few months to wrap my
    brain around it. My now ex cheated on me, which to me was devastating already but then to know he passed this on to me was so mentally hard.
    I am now able to talk about it and have started to educate myself on what I need to do to help prevent more outbreaks. I already struggle with anxiety and guess what that makes it worse !!
    I am working on my mental health along with
    physical health. Just know we are not alone and others feel our pain, literally

Onyx2012
    Participant

I haven’t been diagnosed officially yet. Went to the doctor today. She took one look and said it looks like herpes. I’ve been struggling with mental health issues long before I even started having sex. Didn’t have my first kiss until I was 25 because my social anxiety is so bad. I’m trying to remain positive. It’s treatable and so common. I just can’t stop beating myself up. I’m always so careful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.