Looking for local friends in CT

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Looking for local friends in CT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    herlife21
    Participant

Hi there, as much as this forum is helpful in getting some questions answered, I’d use some local friends who are dealing with the same issue and would like to meet up, brainstorm ideas, or just hang out and get our minds off of this depressing topic. I have non stop outbreaks and feel like such an alien living this big lie pretending I’m fine but inside I’m burning from pain. Im in my 40s and have two teenagers.
    Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

rong529
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve had HSV 1& 2 for 43 years…usually controlled with Valtrex until Covid stress hit. I had non stop outbreaks from last Oct. to Mar. 6 months! Nothing worked. I would almost heal up, then a new outbreak. Finally, my Dr. tested my VIT. D level. It was low. I now take 4000 IU of vit. D daily and I have not had an outreak for 5 weeks!! I also added doTerra OnGuard gel cap 1x day for immune support and I am convinced these two things helped.

Here’s what I think happened: I live in a northern climate with long winters, but due to Covid had not been outside much getting sunlight (natural vit. D maker). When lake season ended late Sept. I think my D level plummeted and by Oct. it was so low that I couldn’t heal. D is necessary for healing and stress, immune system etc. When we get stressed, we use up more Vit. D.

Soooo, get your D level checked. If it is in the low normal range (make sure your Dr. tells you your number and the range, not just “it came back normal” 30-100, consider taking supplements. Good Luck!

herlife21
    Participant

This is very helpful info! Thank you so much. I know for sure I have vit D insufficiency but didn’t realize it may have a connection to my no-stop outbreaks. I’ve tried different supplements too, so far not much difference but not giving up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.