Ladies TRUST ME it’s all okay❤️

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Ladies TRUST ME it’s all okay❤️

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Em User1
    Participant

I just spoke to National Sexual Health line and a gynaecologist and LISTEN UP because my panic is certainly over re: genital herpes

This is what I learnt:

It’s just a skin condition.

It’s the exact same as having a cold sore on your lips.

If you have an outbreak, you don’t have sex until it’s gone
    If you don’t have an outbreak, you can have sex & unlikely to transmit

Just use a condom until you’re in a relationship where you both agree not to

7/10 people have HSV, majority without knowing

Oral and fingering is unlikely to transmit

If you want to reduce the risk of transmitting even further then take antivirals

In summary, WE’RE ALL GOING TO BE OKAY!! ❤️❤️❤️

Chaos
    Participant

Thank you for this. This is exactly what I needed to read after getting diagnosed yesterday.

Maria89
    Participant

80% of people has HSV-1 (oral).
    16% has HSV-2 (genital).
    Cases of genital HSV-1 are increasing, but it is necessary to know the differences.
    Just 1-2% of people have oral HSV-2 because HSV-2 really really prefers the sacral ganglia. It is not its favorite place. You won’t get oral HSV-2 with a kiss.

Yes. Doctors say that everybody has herpes, but it is HSV-1.
    You can get HSV-1 genitally, but it is nicer than having HSV-2 genital.
    Since people acquire HSV-1 orally during childhood, you built immunity to get it in your genitals. You get HSV-1 genital when you enter the sex life without having the virus and antibodies.

HSV-1 Genital:
    – HSV-1 genital transmission is extremely rare. You don’t pass it with genital to genital contact.
    – You mostly get it with oral sex. Since the sacral ganglia is not its favorite place, viral shedding (when you shed the virus without symptoms) is extremely low.
    – Outbreak frequency is 1.2 per year. Most people have 2-3 outbreaks in the first three years and no more after that.

HSV-2, Genital:
    – It is mostly and exclusively genital.
    – It doesn’t like the trigeminal ganglia at all. It is extremely rare to get oral HSV-2. Even if you get it, you will get one outbreak and no more.
    – Viral shedding of HSV-2 is higher, meaning 15-30% of days you shed the virus without symptoms.
    – Frequency varies from 3 to 6 per year.

I don’t agree when doctors say that everybody has herpes. Yes. Oral HSV-1.
    They are similar, but it is important to know the differences as well.
    You can transmit the virus even without symptoms, and disclosure to a possible partner should know it.

Pinkie
    Participant

Thankyou so much for this,my head is still spinning and I feel so bad since my diagnosis last Thursday. I’ve joined this group for support as I’m struggling physically and mentally with this xx so exhausted with the virus and sore

Rae
    Participant

Do you know when your shedding???? It’s such an odd idea to think about.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.