Keeping Genital sores clean advice? :(

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Keeping Genital sores clean advice? :(

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Corry
    Participant

This has never happened to me before. I recently broke out with clusters of sores on my mouth and vagina. I was confirmed I have both oral and genital Herpes. I’m now on day 3! I need advice on what to clean my vagina with. I’ve just been letting water run because I have multiple painful sores and severe swelling. I was not prescribed a topical. Do I keep it dry? Or put vasaline. I can’t find any advice:( please help

Re
    Participant

Keep the sore clean and dry I usely wear a pantiliner during my out breaks so that when the sores go down the pantiliner catches it. I didn’t clean it with soap I got wipes all water wipes I like the Bello wipes and I just wipe gently then I put on the pantiliner I wouldn’t recommend using any scented soap or scented wipes.

Corry
    Participant

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I’m having a hard time doing simple things! I am going to keep it dry which is very uncomfortable. I have to return to work tomorrow and I’m scared of the dry friction when my sores rube together as I’m walking! Do you think a badge over them is a bad idea? I don’t know how to get through the day! I’m not ready to leave the house! I’m scared because I feel like it’s spreading close to my anus and I haven’t passed stool yet. I’m just lost and need this to go away. 🙁 do you know how long they usually last?

BeLove
    Participant

Corry, I don’t know if this would help you but I used diaper rash zinc cream on my bottom when it was really bad and it hurt urinate or even walk. It covers the area and keeps it from burning and rubbing so much. Need to wear a panty liner with it though. My first outbreak lasted a few months actually but it is different for everyone. Have they given you valacyclovir? That stopped working for me after a couple of years so now I take Lysine supplement to keep it from getting out of control again. I wish you well, my dear!

Corry
    Participant

Thank you so much! I appreciate both of you responding to me more then you know! I am definitely going to try that! I pray I get through the day! No they didn’t give me Valacyclovir. They actually gave me Prednisone and Acyclovir! I picked up Lysine from the store yesterday I’m not sure when to start taking it? Should I wait till after my medication runs out? Or when my breakout clears? Again I appreciate you all so much! Thank you

BeLove
    Participant

You can take it now or wait until your meds are out. I take it three times a day. Hopefully, it clears up soon for you!

Corry
    Participant

Update: I am feeling so much better. I can finally walk around and sleep comfortably. Thank you for responding to me. And anyone reading this it does get better! I was having a very hard time dealing with this but it has definitely been life changing for me. Again thank you!!

BeLove
    Participant

I am so glad to hear you are doing better! My first outbreak lasted a very long time but I have never had one as bad since so there is that 🙂 Take care, Corry!

apena614
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Corry
    Participant

@apena I can’t read your reply because it says it’s private 🙁

twfraggle
    Participant

I’m scared to pee too! It hurts so bad. Have you found anything to help this? What about cleaning the sores inside?

I have been trying to wash my hands first and then hold everything apart (labia and what not) to help the urine just go straight out and not touch everything in the way. It’s helped somewhat but still some stinging.

Anyone else find other methods?

BeLove
    Participant

I am so sorry, ladies, but it does get better after this first outbreak. I had the same issues is painful urination, even walking was difficult. I used diaper rash zinc oxide when it got really bad and it helped. I also used Aspercreme with lidocaine for the itch. It is important to not itch or scratch because the soft tissues will tear and cause worsening symptoms. It is difficult, I know, I am horrible about not scratching mosquito bites even but you must try to not scratch.

I am able to manage mine now so far with taking 3000 mg of lysine a day as valacyclovir stopped working for me. As soon as I feel the first need to scratch, I put in a little of the Aspercreme and I am good to go, not letting it get uncontrollable by itching and then tearing of the tissues. I wish you all well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.