Just got the call today

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Just got the call today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kaila
    Participant

I am devastated….I was in a relationship that just ended a few months ago. I never thought I had anything to worry about. Last week I had a routine appointment with my gyno and asked if she would just test me for everything. Back in December I had what I thought was a really bad yeast infection. I even went to the emergency room because it was so bad. They never said anything about herpes. Today my doctor calls and said my test results were back and that it showed that I had had an outbreak within the last few months. She said it had to be a misdiagnosis back in December. I’m still in shock.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Kaila,

Thank you for sharing your story. It does sound as though your yeast infection was misdiagnosed. Unfortunately, a herpes outbreak can illicit the same symptoms as other common female infections like yeast or a urinary tract infection.

Shock is a totally appropriate reaction. I can remember how shocked I was when I was first diagnosed. It was devastating for me too.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone and that you have a whole community of women from around the world here to support you. Believe me, you can learn how to manage outbreaks and find love again.

Blessings To You,
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.