Just found out, how do I tell my boyfriend?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Just found out, how do I tell my boyfriend?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ashley40404
    Participant

So I just went to the doctor a few days about and she confirmed I do have genital herpes. I recently meet a new guy and we’ve been in a relationship for a couple months now. I don’t know, and apparently there’s no way to know whether or not he gave me herpes or if I’ve spread it to him since we first started dating. Can anyone share stories or tips on how to tell someone youre in a new relationship with, you just now recently learned youre infected? I really like him and I’m scared I am going to lose him already.

skyyskyy05
    Participant

I had this exact same situation. I found out two weeks ago. I told my partner and he was so understand. He said he still want to be with me and that we’d work at things together. You’re right when you said it could have been him who gave it you or someone else! I truly believe if he wants to be with you, he’ll be with you.

Sherry
    Participant

Hey girl I recently went thru the same thing where I had just started a new relationship when I found out I had it. Thank god my boyfriend was super understanding he went to get tested and it was confirmed that he was negative so I immediately felt like he would walk out on me. I was terrified but we got thru it and now almost a year in are still fighting this battle together. The guy your seeing will understand and hopefully try to help you thru it too!

ashley40404
    Participant

So I told him and he took it well, I think. Still have a fear he will think about it more and run for the hills(but thats a me issue, gotta work on my confidence).
    So now we dont know for certain if he has it or not. If he does, does it make me selfish by thinking that best case scenario for me or us(not him for sure)? If he doesnt like Sherry said I’m afraid he will again, run for the hills. And so Sherry, your partner doesnt…so y’all just use a condom every single time you have sex? Is that how one prevents from giving it to your partner?

Janjan
    Participant

I have told all my partners when I found out. None of them ran for the hills but a few wanted to wear condoms after that, which was totally fair. If he can’t handle it (or does not want to) that’s his choice but he might not be the one for you. Just remember, you are so much more than the diagnosis. You are amazing and this is just a part of us. So many people have herpes. I started opening up about my diagnosis and half my friend group revealed to me they also had it, way more common than we think.

h3152000494
    Participant

Hey, I slightly had a similar situation but the other way round, my boyfriend knew he had it but didn’t tell me and has had unprotected sex with me and I am now panicking that I might have it. I feel pretty cut up that he wasn’t upfront with me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.