Just diagnosed.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Just diagnosed.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bb
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I am 21 years old and have just be diagnosed with HSV-2 about a week ago.
    It started with what I thought was just a UTI. I went to the doctors and they proscribed antibiotics to treat the UTI. It didn’t help so I decided to examine myself and noticed red sores inside and had a bad feeling. I immediately became sad and went to the urgent care the next day. I broke out in tears trying to tell the nurse what was wrong. They did an examine and tested for everything. Upon looking at the sores the doctor told me it will most likely come back positive and it did. I’ve been prescribed Valtrex and on day 5 I feel a lot better. Just body aches and my sores have pretty much healed after just a week.
    Overall, I just feel depressed. I’ve been in a relationship for 2 years now and both being faithful it was a shock. However we’ve both never been tested for HSV before due to lack of symptoms. He’s been really supportive and wants to stick by me, but I feel disgusting and worthless. I don’t feel deserving of his love anymore. I am terrified to pass it on to him since he doesn’t have a spleen and can’t fight infections as well. I plan on taking antivirals as a suppressant to reduce the risk. But I know it will always be there. I am trying to be very positive in knowing I am not alone and I will make it through this. It’s just hard to see the good in this right now. I am just so unhappy. I haven’t gotten to vent and have read forums really help so I thought I’d give it a try.
    I hope everyone on here happiness and the best. I hope for this to get better quickly.

Lisa
    Participant

Has he been tested? He may be positive. My understanding as a layperson is that the female transmission rate to a male with antivirals and a condom is 1% per year. So you can likely keep him safe if he is negative. I kind of imagine he’s positive if you are. Just a guess. Remember that it’s a skin rash, not a moral indictment of your character as a person. People get eczema and we don’t excoriate them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.