Just Been Diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Just Been Diagnosed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MaryJane
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m taylor and I’m 20 years old and just found out I have genital herpes yesterday. Being in a long term relationship and being faithful made me feel like maybe he cheated but the doctor said it could have been from either of our past partners. I have been very depressed and actually had suicidal thoughts after finding out. I don’t want you to think I am here for a pity party but it’s just nice to let it out especially to people who know what I am going through. I am hoping that the medicine the doctor prescribed will help the breakout but I’m afraid that the emotions will take a while to go away.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

I remember when I was diagnosed at 23 years old and it felt like my whole world was tumbling around me. Know that you will get through this and it is not a journey to be taken alone. If you are having suicidal thoughts, please get immediate help!

SUICIDE LIFELINE
    Call 800-273-8255 (24/7/365)
    Text 273TALK to 839863 (8am-11pm PST daily)

You can text them or call them and they will be there for you any time of day!

I have been working with women with herpes for over a decade. We all are just normal, everyday women that happen to carry a virus. In many ways, it is no different than having the chickenpox virus, which also a herpes virus and lives with you forever. Please don’t let a little virus have power over your life. You can learn to have a totally normal sex life and develop awesome loving partnerships. I highly suggest reading my book where I share what my personal experience was like and how I overcame the symptoms and herpes stigma. If I can, so can you!
    Blessings,
    Dr. Kelly Schuh

MaryJane
    Participant

Thank you so much Dr. Kelly! I have been feeling a lot better mentally about my situation after reading everything on here and talking to my mom about everything!

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Mom’s are the best!!! My mother was one of the first people I told and she was so supportive of me on my journey.

Elaine
    Participant

hi taylor, im 24 and was diagnosed TODAY. I have been in a wave of feelings all day. At one point accepting of the fact knowing the facts and that at least it is not a continuous health issue I will face. But sad because I AM SOOOO YOUNG. Like another part of the day I just felt like maybe they got the test wrong and sometime they would call me back and tell me it was a mistake. I have been with the same guy since July 2018 and he has sworn that he has only been with me….. which i completely agree. I have some other issues as well (Hidradenitis) which causes bumps to form under the skin which eventually bust and ooze. These pop up on my bikini line and I have been having the issue since a little girl. That along with recurrent BV I haven’t even had sex in a few weeks honestly. I don’t know how this happened. I truly don’t. I feel you completely. My doctor told me it had to have been recent. Sounds like yours said it could’ve been from a past relationship…. How are you and your boyfriend dealing with this? Im heartbroken…

MaryJane
    Participant

Hi Elaine! I definitely understand what you are going through! The first day I was completely overwhelmed and crying all day. I also felt like it had to be a mistake and that the doctor would tell me they got something mixed up. My boyfriend and I are doing great! He is so supportive and it hasn’t affected our relationship really at all. I was so afraid that he would break up with me but I feel like it brought us closer and really reassured me that he loved me! I definitely think it was from a past relationship! I hope you and your boyfriend can get through it! Communication goes a long way!

Sammy Jo
    Participant

Well, I never thought i would be in this situation but today i just received the results of my test and the results came back positive for Herpes. I feel a part of me had an idea that i had it after reading online and think it wasn’t just a yeast infection. If i’m being perfectly honest I dont know where i am emotionally yet. is it normal to not know how to react to hearing this kind of news?

Elaine
    Participant

Sammy jo, I think that’s normal. It’s been maybe 3 or 4 days now for me. And some days or hours I’m fine. Then I’m breaking down crying and sobbing. I’ve been all over the place. As a nurse, I feel that helps me understand the science behind it and that it’s really a minute thing. But at the end of the day I’m so young and regardless, to know you have a life long infection is devastating. I’m planning to go to a counselor soon. I’ve been wanting to call off work everyday and just have isolated myself from the world.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.