It’s been a year and I’m struggling

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum It’s been a year and I’m struggling

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chanelninetytwo
    Participant

I learned I have HSV-2 about a year and a half ago. An ex came back into my life and upon realizing I did want to explore things with him again, I told him. He was shocked but assured me it didn’t change his feelings for me at all. I was still committed to working on my self-esteem and my confidence for me but it was nice to have someone who wanted to be with me regardless. I did a ton of research regarding diet and oils that help with breakouts and was feeling better about my diagnosis. From November to June I didn’t have any outbreaks. It being summer, I know I haven’t been the best when it comes to diet and drinking. I also found out that the ex I’ve been seeing was having sex with someone else, which he didn’t tell me about. When I confronted him about it, he told me that my diagnosis actually made him uncertain about a future with me and children. As much as I know I shouldn’t care about what one man thinks about me, especially one who lies and doesn’t know my worth, I’m incredibly hurt and angry.
    I’m worried that anyone I tell in the future won’t be able to accept me fully. I’ve had 3 outbreaks in the past 3 months and I do think it’s caused me to be depressed. I’ve read that after a year outbreaks aren’t as frequent so I’m quite disappointed. I’m struggling to see how I can live a life where I’m not worrying about herpes.

Mohamed
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Frank
    Participant

This is the answer. https://bit.ly/2FuyzwO

Johanna
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.