If your new here, here’s some do’s and don’ts i wish i new.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum If your new here, here’s some do’s and don’ts i wish i new.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

Feel free to add what you wished you knew from day one.

I have been tested positive for gen herpes less then 7 days ago. I read through a lot of the messages on here looking for help. I seen a lot of things that others suggested but a huge part of me wished it was collected in one place. So I will share my story and the tips Learned first hand.

Do
    #Seek and take meds on time with phone alarms set
    #get stool softners as constipation is common
    #get high zinc diaper rash cream to help pee and poop.
    #get burn gel as it has aloe to sooth and lidocaine to numb.
    #Apply burn gel especially before when you have to poop. It numbs your anus and although you still will be in a lot of pain it does make it more bearable. Then when your ready to go apply high zinc rash cream to anus to act as a barrier to protect from bacteria. The cream makes for an easy clean up as well. Less wiping needed.
    #do not stress over where or how you got it. It don’t matter and the possibilities are endless. 1 of 5 have it and the others prob have it and don’t know yet. They still pass it with no signs themselves. So again it don’t matter don’t stress.

I read on here someone swears by taking COQ10 twice a day and outbreaks reduced a ton. I will be trying this starting tomorrow when i can get to the store.

BeLove
    Participant

This is a great idea, Rae, so helpful for others to see and find. I will add that applying Aspercreme maximum strength with lidocaine 4% helps a lot with itching and pain. Also, high doses of Lysine 3 times a day.

I so appreciate the positive messages!

BeLove
    Participant

Also, it seems the first outbreak is usually the worst for many people so you will get through this and it won’t be as bad in the future.

Pinkie
    Participant

Thankyou for posting this xx

Rae
    Participant

Started my daily COQ10 and Lysine today! I’m still in my first week of my first breakout.

As much as this all sucks and how frustrated I was this past week I had to remind myself of a few things.
    *the advanced knowledge of meds given at the hospital.

I was given
    –(2)500mg tabs Tylenol as needed 4 times a day.
    –(1)500mg tabs twice a day daily
    –(2)125mg tabsfamciclovir 3 times daily for 10 days.
    —2 large tubes of 2.0 strength of lidocaine.

Grateful for the internet for helping me reach info others before me didn’t have such resources at thier finger tips. I learned….
    –burn gel would help thanks to the aloe and lidocaine.
    –high in zinc super rash cream
    — calamine lotion could help as herpes is a skin donation that the sores need to be dried and soothed
    –the internet offered this support group where i lined about supplements and now i take COQ10 100mg 2 times a day as well as lysine 1000mg 3 times a day

Theres a lot to be pissed about but seeing how stress can cause an outbreak let’s try change out mindset and be grateful for what’s available to us.
    My friend who gave it to me told me he’s had it over 30 years and the stigma and lack of knowledge available to him made him feel alone and he just based through all pain when it came to outbreaks and thanks to me and my support hes called his doc to start treatment and ask for help. He thought unless there was an open sore you can’t pass it. I had to show him how that’s not true.

Rae
    Participant

Anyone want to add to this?

embrassed4670
    Participant

My doc was great; they gave me tramadol since I had not peed in 4 days.

Rae
    Participant

Embarassed4670 that’s good to know. How do you feel now? How long did it take to kick in?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.