I just been Diagnose HSV1

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum I just been Diagnose HSV1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lila 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eunice
    Participant

I feel like my world is ending. I am still shocked and feel like it’s a nightmare. I don’t know how to cope with it,I feel so bad I deserve this for having unprotected sex. I just need someone to talk to.

Lila
    Participant

Hi Eunice,

I was recently diagnosed with HSV-1 as well. My doctor indicated that it is likely from unprotected oral sex, so you may not even have contracted it due to unprotected sex. I’ve been in a monogamous relationship for over a year and half, and my first my outbreak was this week. Even if that isn’t your situation, it isn’t your fault, it’s a highly contagious common disease!! I would recommend to talk to a coach or counselor, or listen to a podcast these help alot with understanding that you are by no means alone!

Again, according to my doctor the two positives of HSV-1, are that is it is more prevalent meaning more people have it and recurrences are less likely. One of the downsides is that the first outbreak is super severe, and mine definitely has been (day 7). I found epsom salt baths really calming and helpful. Also, I tried to sleep as much as possible. I hope this at least helps you realize you are not alone and that it will get better (P.S. I didn’t believe that either earlier this week). If you need someone to talk to I am here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.