I guess I deserved it

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum I guess I deserved it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adventuregirl
    Participant

I’m not going to lie…I love sex, but I never thought I would be diagnosed with an STD. I am devastated! I just found out a few weeks ago and I wonder if my life will ever be the same. I’m 23 years old and I feel like I had everything going for me. After college, I landed a great job in advertising. I get to travel all the time and I’ve met some great guys who I have had a lot of fun with. I have never had a serious bf because I have never really wanted to settle down. My parents were divorced when I was really young and I never really got over that. I can’t say that I really even believe that a long term relationship is possible for me. Now that I have herpes, I don’t think that anyone will ever want to be with me. I feel so all alone. I know my friends are wondering what is going on with me because I never want to go out anymore. I can’t even think about ever telling someone and I couldn’t live with myself if I passed this onto someone. I have always had an adventurous spirit,but since this diagnosis, I can’t get out of my own way. Will I ever be able to have sex again? Will anyone ever love me again? Please help.

Tara44
    Participant

You need to shake this thing off and move forward adventure girl. Don’t let this stupid infection ruin your social life. Start by going out with your friends again and consider sharing your story with someone in your life that you think will be supportive. It was so helpful for me to tell my best friend. She was so compassionate and she told me that she knows lots of other women who have this. I was shocked because no one ever told me. You will find love again, but you have to force yourself to be social again. Don’t even think about dating for now, just go out and have a good time.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

I completely understand where you are coming from. I have lived my life so careless. I was on and off with an ex, and dated a few others, but I was never safe about it. I feel that I will be single forever. It seems all of my friends are moving on with their lives and I’m just stuck. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope for us both it will get better!

Anonymous

I saw your post on in a herpes support group and I want to reach-out and extend a helping hand. This place called the underground cure helped my friend totally eradicate HSV from his body completely…no lie…I witnessed this with my own eyes. If you wan to check them out here’s there site: http://www.theundergroundcure.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.