Hsv2, now scared of transmitting to kids.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Hsv2, now scared of transmitting to kids.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  browndoc29 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bre
    Participant

Hello, everyone. I was diagnosed with Hsv2 last week. I have no idea how long I’ve had it, as I have had these symptoms for years. “You have a yeast infection. “You have BV.” “You have hemorrhoids.” You get the idea. Anyway, after taking this week to process everything, I’ve accepted it. Even though I’m devastated, I’m determined to get through this one minute at a time. At this point, my biggest fear if transmitting this to my children, whether it be through a diaper change or bathtime. I would never be able to live with myself. What if I got distracted by “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy” & forgot to wash my hands? Have I ever done that? Please tell me I’m over thinking this. I won’t even bathe them without gloves now. I even use gloves while using the bathroom, showering, etc. I’m driving myself crazy! HELP!!

Cecilia
    Participant

In answer to your fears, I’ve suffered with HSv2 since 1981. I was 23 years old now I’m 61 years old. I had no children at the time. I had 2 children since, one cesarean birth and one vaginal birth. I never transmitted it to them. I recently told my daughter why I had to have by cesarean birth. My late husband loved me unconditionally. He accepted my brokenness and never once treated badly. If had an outbreak I was very careful and keeping restrooms sanitized. My husband never got HSv2 because I used precaution, abstinence during outbreaks. I never used medication for HSv2 during 29 years we were together. I hope some of this information helps. Please feel free to ask me anymore questions if needed.

Bre
    Participant

Thank you so much for your response. I am just sick about this. So sick, in fact, that I actually took my boys to the ER yesterday due to some irritation. They said that the didn’t see any reason for concern, but I’m not taking any chances at this point. They also said it was almost impossible to pass it this way. This has made me absolutely crazy! I just keep thinking about all of these doctors that misdiagnosed me. Why would my children be an exception? I will say that your story makes me feel a little but better. I’ve spent so much money in the last week on cleaning supplies alone. I even bought white towels for the kids, so that I could bleach them. I’m trying to keep everything sanitized. Again, thank you for responding. I really appreciate it.

browndoc29
    Participant

Hello it is options out there that can help you all a little research goes along way ..need any advice or help please feel free to email me at browndoc29@gmail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.