HSV-2

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CaliGirl87 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

CaliGirl87
    Participant

Like many of you, I was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 and it has been a whirlwind!
    The feelings of sadness, madness, shame, embarrassment – you name it! all there. My experience with this virus has been so weird. I want to know if there are others having symptoms in the same order.

So, it first started with this burning sensation whenever I peed. I went to urgent care and they thought I had a yeast infection so I got meds for that. At the time, all blood work showed negative for all STDs. I continued taking the medication but urinating was becoming more painful. Went back to urgent care, they took a swab, and put me on Valtrax just in case the worse happened. After taking Valtrax for two days, the burning slowed down and I learned to pee in a position so that the pee would not touch the walls. Unfortunately, I got the dreaded news that I was HSV-2 positive. Suffice it to say, I’ve been a mess since the news.

Medication was making me feel better. But after finishing my first round of valtrex, I started to feel a burning sensation on my mouth and my lips started to get very dry (like when cold wind hits you). I started putting aquafor on my lips to keep them moist. That helped. But then I started seeing small bumps on the corners of my lips. So, I knew a cold sore wants to come. I’ve been using campo-phenique, Lysine, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, and coconut oil (saw all these methods that have worked for YouTubers). Blisters formed and the bumps never grew. I’m now at that phase were they feel really dry. I’m wondering if it will scab over eventually or what? because they never really became that horrible. Or I don’t know if they will manifest themselves more in a couple of days. This really has me on edge because I’ve never suffered from skin problems on my face. I have back ache to top things off – been using heat pads for that.

I thought my vaginal issues had subsided already. But itching has commenced again!! I had to get up at 2 AM to fill my tub with warm water and sit for a while. I then added apple cider vinegar; doesn’t sting that much (well, at least for me); that helped me sleep + 800 mg. of ibuprofen.
    What do you guys use for that itching? I’m continuing with apple cider vinegar and adding aloe vera gel. It’s kind of helping. I just don’t want it to get bad to the point I can’t walk. So far, I’ve been able to manage most symptoms. I don’t know if these are all just part of my first outbreak or if they are separate episodes.

I know I wrote a lot! lol. I hope I get more insight from you 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.