HSV-1 resources

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum HSV-1 resources

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Thais
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    So I am creating a bit of a ‘cheat-sheet’ for future partners about HSV-1. For some context, I was diagnosed two years ago, had mild symptoms, and never had an outbreak again. I’m pretty confident that the chances of transmission based on my profile are pretty low, but unfortunately most of the information available online is about HSV-2, which sadly has a higher transmission rate. Do any of you have resources about HSV-1 genital-to-genital transmission (which I remember reading here is quite rare) and asymptomatic shedding? Any scientific paper or source would be welcomed!! Thank you in advanced lovely people, sending you all love <3

Shanice
    Participant

To be honest I feel like the same precautions should take place. HSV-1 and HSV-2 can present the same. Since we love oral sex lol. Important thing is to take care of yourself and learn your bodbody’s triggers so you and your partner can be healthy 💜. I believe Kelly has a great form that highlights as women with appropriate precautions it’s very challenging for us to pass on to a partner. Hope this helps you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.