HSV 1 recurrence 3 years later

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum HSV 1 recurrence 3 years later

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    livie
    Participant

I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 3 years ago when I had my first outbreak. I remember it was horrible all over my vulva etc. I took some valtrex and it went away and although I feared I’d get it again, I didn’t have another outbreak until now – 3 years later. This outbreak is still in a similar area but its more around my anus which seems a bit unusual, but it’s pretty much as bad as the first (leg pains, swollen groin glands and horrible itch). Ive been in a stable and loving relationship for a year now so I think it’s unlikely I’ve now contracted HSV2 but can someone maybe provide some advice on why this may have happened again so late. Could it just be stress? I have been eating a lot of chocolate and peanut butter lately but it seems unlikely that would trigger a whole outbreak?

Sky
    Participant

Something similar is happening to be right now too! Same diagnosis and I’ve had the worst outbreak since my initial diagnosis. In the past I’ve had one-off blisters appear, but they haven’t been too painful and cleared up quickly. Now i have shooting pain all over my leg and my butt and i have terrible blisters in the area between my vagina and ass. Also – this out breaak is ONLY on the right side of my body. Only my right buttock/leg has tingles and i only have lesions on the right side of my vagina.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.