How to cope with giving boyfriend herpes

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum How to cope with giving boyfriend herpes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amelia
    Participant

Myself and my boyfriend were together for over a year before he got genital herpes.i was on suppression therapy and always used condoms but about a month ago he got a sore and was diagnosed with hsv2 .I have struggled to come to terms with it as I did everything to try and protect him and feel like I couldn’t have done anything else ….I also haven’t had any sores for around 3 years so much have been shedding.has anyone else had this experience and how do you deal with the guilt and ahame?

Lisa
    Participant

You did all anyone could do. Are you sure he wasn’t an asymptomatic carrier when you met? Had he tested negative at that time?

Lisa
    Participant

Given your precautions, according to my understanding anyway, he faced a 1% risk per year of acquiring herpes from you.

Mom333
    Participant

I came to this forum for the exact same reason. I was up front with my boyfriend. I’ve had it for 14 years and rarely get outbreaks. If I even felt an inkling of weirdness or tingling we remained abstinent, I took the acyclovir, and then used condoms for a week after. We’ve only been together six months and now he thinks he has it. I know I did what I could but I also feel so awful. I’m sorry I don’t have answers for you as I’m slogging through the same feelings but I can offer that you’re not alone. I was trying to protect him. I love him. I was honest with him. Yet, it’s still hard and sad to feel the burden of passing it on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.