How do you cope with the feeling of being alone and scared just after diagnosis?

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum How do you cope with the feeling of being alone and scared just after diagnosis?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aimeealice
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new and not sure how to approach this, I was diagnosed earlier today and I have seemed help from a helpline and family. I just feel really scared and alone right now, as I’m a student (20) living away from home, my boyfriend of 1year has just broken things off with me in a matter of hours of my diagnosis. I can’t help but feel alone and ashamed of myself, im scared I won’t ever let anyone close to me again. I was just wondering if you guys have any advice on how to cope through out the first few weeks and what you wish you would have been told during this time. Thank you xx

Sandra
    Participant

I understand what you are going through

Pinkie
    Participant

I was diagnosed in August and I felt shocked and dirty. My first outbreak was terrible and I thought my life would never be the same. Luckily I healed quickly and I take lysine to prevent outbreaks. Since August I have had no out breaks and I feel so much better about everything xx keep strong it will get better xxx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.