how do i deal with rejection

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum how do i deal with rejection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    val
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I was diagnosed with HSV-2 back in January. I was on a trip and couldn’t see a doctors for weeks during my first outbreak. It’s been hard because I can’t tell my family about it and my friends try to be supportive but none of them have it so they don’t truly understand and I just feel like I’m talking to a wall because nothing they can say makes me feel better.

I’ve had consistent hookups or fwb situations so I’ve never had to go too long without intimacy before this. The guy I had been hooking up with before that tested negative and stopped talking to me after I got diagnosed. Since then I really haven’t been able to hook up with anyone. I use dating apps and before giving someone my number I tell them my status, but then I just get ghosted. I’ve been rejected more in the last three months than ever before, and it’s made my self esteem go down and I don’t feel confident in myself anymore. I am constantly thinking that guys will never pick me because I have nothing to offer them and they easily could find someone else that doesn’t have herpes. I’m stressed that I will never be able to have a semi normal sex life ever again and that nobody will want to have sex with me or ever date me.

If anyone has any advise on how they got back into having sex after getting diagnosed or how to go about the rejections or just any words of encouragement I’d really appreciate it!

pinkturtle62
    Participant

I wish I could give advice but I am sort of in the same boat. Ive probably had all experiences you could think of. I told someone who i had already been with my updated status and they thanked me and we still have sex currently although I do think he is more cautious which still sucks, but not as much. I told someone new I met, and they did the same and thanked me for telling but then stopped talking to me, and lastly I told someone I had already dealt with and they told me they had it too….so I just think at the end of the day you never know what will happen, so try to stay positive and if the person cares more about the disease you have than who you really are as a person, then they’re not for your anyways. The universe/god what ever you believe in will bring your person right to you when its time!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.