Herpes and Covid 19

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Herpes and Covid 19

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    Participant

I had a horrific outbreak in July 2020. Did not know what was going on. By the time I was able to be seen, my blisters were already healing and the swab came back inconclusive. The blood work, however, came back positive for HSV 1 antibodies. I have been with my husband for 33 years, have 2 adult children and in all those years NEVER had any indication that I had herpes. I was devestated and for many reasons.
    Now fast forward nearly one year. I had the Covid 19 vaccine about 10 days ago. After a new days I started feeling the same blisters forming so I immediately started taking the Zovirax that was prescribed to me last outbreak. I have been able to keep this outbreak at bay now. Has anyone heard of this happening????

rong529
    Participant

Since Covid and all the stress, I had nonstop outbreaks for 6 mos! Then found out my Vit D level was low and once increased I have been outbreak free for 5 weeks! I do think the vaccine lowers your immune system temporarily while it is making antibodies. I did have outbreak after it. So that is quite possible. I got back on daily Valtrex. So far so good. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.