HELP!! Active outbreak for 4 straight montha

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum HELP!! Active outbreak for 4 straight montha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Momma0f3
    Participant

Please help. My gyno is at a loss. I’m 32, mom, wife and diagnosed with type 1
    10 years ago. Any infrequent outbreak responded to a course of valtrex. No issue. January 27 I started with an outbreak. Did not respond to the course of valtrex. I’ve done 4 courses and daily dose since then with NO relief!! This outbreak is STILL ACTIVE!!! In between the treatment courses, I’ve taken 1,000mg valtrex daily. I’m currently on my 2nd course of acyclovir, 800mg 3x’s a day. I’m healthy and active. Nothing has changed aside from me starting back up on the NuvaRing right before the outbreak first started in Jan. I’m sore, disgusted, uncomfortable constantly, miserable and much worse! My gyno is currently researching ways to help me. This can’t be my life! I can’t live the rest of my life with an outbreak!! I’m feeling so hopeless. Someone please help me.

BeLove
    Participant

I know how you feel as I have a constant itch to varying degrees and it I scratch for relief, I am in big trouble. I was on valacyclovir for 2 years but it no longer works for me. I have been taking lysine 1000mg 3 times a day and it seems to help keep it in check even though I still get itchy bouts. Maybe you can try that? I wish you well!

Sunflower
    Participant

Definitely try to boost your immune system! Meds didn’t really work well for me either, but adding pre natal vitamins and lysine have helped!

MJM8324
    Participant

MommaOf3- I hear you! And I am with you. While I am not on 4 months straight of a flare up- I am on and off for what seems like a very long time. It gets better and then gets bad, it gets better and then gets really bad. It is just constant.

I feel like I have no sex life with my husband because there is just always something going on.

It is miserable you are right 🙁 I am sore just sitting here and can feel it all the time. Its like a headache that won’t go away- its just always there in the background.

MJM8324
    Participant

BeLove- that is my hardest thing right now- is trying to not scratch. It is so difficult and you are right- as soon as the scratching starts- it is downhill from there.

BeLove
    Participant

MJM8324, I use a little bit, doesn’t take much, of Aspercreme with lidocaine that comes in a bottle…not the tube stuff which isn’t as strong. It does help when it becomes unbearable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.